Information Technology Lawyer New York
Experienced Information Technology Lawyer in New York Uses Innovation to Protect Your Technology
When you are considering a complex transaction involving information technology, you are currently embroiled in an IT dispute or you are facing litigation for IT issues, it is critical that you have an experienced information technology lawyer in New York on your side. Peter Brown is the founding attorney of Brown Tech Legal and brings more than 25 years of specialized experience in the areas of information technology and intellectual property. His depth of experience and sage legal advice set him apart.
Dedicated Lawyer Guides You Through Information Technology Transactions
Mr. Brown’s extensive experience as a lead lawyer for technology-related matters and his representation of vendors, customers and businesses equips him to anticipate the legal issues that may arise during IT transactions. He can protect your interests through drafting all IT-related agreements, such as:
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Information technology agreements
- Manufacturers’ agreements
- Software license agreement
- Independent contractor agreements
Mr. Brown can also help you register your trademark or patent your idea or invention. Discuss your intellectual property needs with a knowledgeable legal advocate to obtain the protection you need.
Resolving IT Disputes Effectively and Amicably
As a seasoned IT lawyer, Mr. Brown understands the risks of prolonged litigation on a business. He can explore options to resolve your IT dispute through alternative dispute resolution methods like arbitration and mediation, which provide the following benefits:
- Confidentiality – The key concern of many intellectual property disputes is confidentiality. In court, trade secrets or other confidential information may be revealed. In alternative dispute resolution methods like arbitration or mediation, the parties can agree to keep the proceedings confidential so there is no risk of external disclosure of information.
- Faster results – Arbitration and mediation provide faster results than waiting for a case to be scheduled on a busy docket. This saves you time and money.
- Selection of decision maker or facilitator – When a case is litigated, it is generally randomly assigned to a judge who may not have any special knowledge or experience with IT matters. In arbitration and mediation, the parties can select a person with subject matter expertise who will better understand the issues involved.
- More control over the outcome – In mediation, the parties voluntarily enter into any agreement they reach while in arbitration, they have more control over the proceedings and discovery.
Not all disputes can be resolved through mediation or arbitration. In some situations, it is necessary to take the case to court to get a legal judgment that supports a particular position or to receive particular relief, such as an injunction or monetary damages. When these situations arise, Mr. Brown relies on his extensive experience as a litigator to protect your legal interests.
Contact a Responsive Information Technology Lawyer in New York to Get Started
If your business could use the in-depth skill and knowledge of an experienced information technology lawyer in New York, contact Brown Tech Legal for help. Mr. Brown can carefully assess your case and explore all legal options for resolving your IT matter. Schedule a confidential consultation by calling (212) 939-6440.